June 10, 2016

Congratulations to Brandon Westrick - Class of 2016, Whitmer High School

Washington Local Soccer congratulates Referee Brandon Westrick as he graduates from Whitmer High School this Saturday.



Brandon first joined our organization as a Kindergarten player, and played here until the 3rd Grade. At that point, he decided it was time for better competition, and moved up to travel soccer. His years at Glass City gave him the opportunity to develop the skill set needed for a successful high school career.

While at Whitmer, Brandon played 3 years of Varsity soccer and only his Freshman season on the JV team. He led the Panthers as Captain in his Junior and Senior seasons.

He returned to Washington Local Soccer in 2012 to become a referee. He started on the U-5 division, and quickly worked his way up to the U-14 field. Brandon has been our Lead Referee on that field since the Fall 2014 season.

While at Whitmer, Brandon was involved in the Computer Network Program for two years. He plans to attend Owens Community College in the Fall, where he'll study Wide Area Network Tech.

He is an avid Columbus Crew fan, and attended several matches last season and during their playoff run, including the Final.


Here is what Brandon had to say about his time in Washington Local Soccer:

"Being given the chance to referee on some of the very fields that I've played on makes it very special to me. I hope all the kids in WLSC get the chance to do the same. At Whitmer, my proudest moments were when I was wearing that jersey on the field under the lights in front of all the fans. It's a special feeling being out there and playing with all my friends and teammates. Hearing your name being called on the speaker gets you excited and gives me butterflies in my stomach. It makes me feel like all my hard work, starting at WLSC, has all paid off in that moment" -Brandon Westrick, WLSC Referee, Class of 2016